Timeline - 1948 to Present
Highlights About The Building
1948— Western Avenue church building constructed on a piece of land donated by Mr. and Mrs. Gustav Johnson. The first service in the new building was Christmas Eve, December 24, 1948, conducted by Rev. Raymond Kask.
1950— Dedication of the new sanctuary on June 25.
1958— Purchase of the adjoining church property to be used for future Sunday School addition. The house on property was later sold, but the field behind the house was retained and is presently used as an outdoor chapel.
1959— Two new altar pictures were painted and given to the church by Edith Kall Hertzberg; one for Christmas and one for Easter.
1964— Installation of new pews and carpeting in sanctuary.
1967— Ground breaking for the new addition on June 11th; dedication on September 22, 1968.
1973— 80th year of church. Festive service of celebration on September 30th with dedication of the long awaited steeple and bell.
1978— Dedication of the outdoor chapel in memory of Marian Speno. A time capsule was buried behind the altar.
1975 to 1979— Fellowship Hall renovation; Insulation added to building.
1981— Dedication of the small chapel to the Glory of God, in memory of John and Svea Hallgren and K. Louisa Johnson.
1987— The Paschal candle stand was given to the church by Pastor Horst Bandle, who carved it in the likeness of the four gospels.
1993— 100th anniversary of church. The time capsule behind the outdoor altar was dug up and a new one buried.
1994— Dedication of the Eternal Light in honor of the 100th church anniversary.
1997— Dedication of the new elevator on January 19th.
1998— 50th Anniversary of Trinity on Western Avenue. Service of celebration on October 18th with dedication of a new processional cross.
2002— Altar re-designed to be used in the round.
2003— 30th anniversary of the steeple and bell on September 27th. Bob Oscarson spoke about how he and his father acquired the bell.
2007— Memorial fund purchase of a wrought iron Advent wreath.